Contract Name & Location
The New Jersey Schools Development Authority ("NJSDA") is seeking to engage a firm that will provide Construction Management Services for the following package:
Package Number: JE-0039-M01
School District: Jersey City
Package Name: ECC #14
Construction Cost Estimate: $16,000,000
Prime Discipline: Construction Management
Minimum Rating: N/A
Description: New Construction
- THE NJSDA WILL MAKE AWARDS TO TWO SEPARATE FIRMS, ONE FOR ECC 13 AND ONE FOR ECC 14;
- PROPOSING FIRMS WILL SUBMIT ONE TEAM AND TWO SEPARATE PRICE PROPOSALS;
- IN THE EVENT THAT ONE FIRM RECEIVES THE HIGHEST SCORE FOR BOTH SCHOOLS, THE NEXT HIGHEST RANKED FIRM WILL BE AWARDED THE SECOND SCHOOL
The RFQ package is available at the link below:
Click here for electronic copies
This RFQ is the first of a two-step process outlined below:
- The bidder must first respond to the RFQ. Shortlisted firms will be sent a Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Request for Proposals (RFP). The SDA will issue an RFP to firms that are shortlisted through the RFQ process.
In order to be included in the selection process a firm must be classified by the Department of Treasury, division of Property Management and Construction and pre-qualified by the NJSDA in the following discipline as of the due date for this RFQ:
A firm shall be precluded from submitting a proposal for this procurement if such firm or any affiliated firm is engaged under a prime contract with NJSDA to provide work and services as a general contractor or is engaged as a subcontractor to general contractor on an NJSDA project. Such firms shall also be ineligible to participate in this engagement as subconsultants or subcontractors.
The NJSDA requires the construction manager to provide opportunities to SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJSDA's SBE Set-Aside Goals of 25% (5% to Category 4, 5% to Category 5, 5% to Category 6 and the remaining 10% to be allocated among Category 4, 5 and/or 6).
The deadline for submission of proposals is 5:00pm on Tuesday, June 30, 2009.
Proposals may be submitted by hand or by overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Proposals will be evaluated based upon the Construction Manager (CM), Assistant Construction Manager (ACM) and Field Engineer/Inspector (FE/I) having the following criteria:
- Overall Team Resume (CM, ACM, FE/I);
- Team CM experience (CM, ACM, FE/I);
- Team NJ school experience (CM, ACM, FE/I);
- Team governmental construction experience (CM, ACM, FE/I);
- Team experience with NJDEP & NJDCA (CM, ACM, FE/I);
- Pre-Construction experience (CM only); and
- Experience with MEP Trades (FE/I only)
If a firm wishes to participate in the selection process for future projects but is not presently pre-qualified by the NJSDA please submit a Prequalification Questionnaire, which may be found at www.njsda.gov.
DATE ADVERTISED: June 15, 2009