SOLICITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL A/E DESIGN SERVICES
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority ("NJEDA") is seeking to engage firms that will provide design consultant and construction administration services for the above School Facility Project.
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $8,000,000
The object of this engagement will be to provide design services that will provide a viable, cost effective Gym and Auditorium addition at the Lakeside Middle School. Consultant services to be provided will include, but not be limited to, construction of a stand alone addition consisting of a 15,000 square foot Gym, an 11,000 square foot Auditorium, two (2) Music Practice Rooms, Storage Rooms, and Corridor Links to the existing Middle School.
To participate in the selection process:
1. A firm must have a NJEDA pre-qualification rating of $10,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. All joint venture firms and sub-consultants must be separately pre-qualified and at least one of the joint venture firms must have a pre-qualification rating of $10,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. If a firm is not pre-qualified, it may obtain a PRE-QUALIFICATION APPLICATION by writing the NJEDA at the below address, calling the NJEDA at 609-292-1721, or visiting the NJEDA Website at www.njedaschools.com. All firms must be pre-qualified at time of submission of a Preliminary Proposal (NJEDA Form 200).
2. The Consultant must be pre-qualified or have sub-consultants pre-qualified in the Electrical Engineering, HVAC Engineering, Plumbing Engineering, Structural Engineering, Fire/Life Safety Engineering, Civil Engineering, Barrier Free/ADA Design, Estimating/Cost Analysis, Roofing Consultant, Asbestos Safety Control/ Monitoring disciplines.
3. The NJEDA encourages the consultant to provide opportunities to MBE, WBE and SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJEDA’s set aside goals of 7% MBE, 3% WBE and 15% SBE.
Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, c.127 (N.J.A.C. 17:27), pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
4. As the first step in the selection process, interested, pre-qualified firms must submit an original and five (5) copies of a PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJEDA Form 200) to the NJEDA at the following address:
New Jersey Economic Development Authority
1 West State Street - 2nd Floor
PO Box 991
Trenton, NJ 08625-0991
Attention: Sandor Havran, Selection Coordinator
TO OBTAIN A PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJEDA Form 200), a firm may write the NJEDA at the above address, call the NJEDA at 609-292-1721, or visit the NJEDA website at www.njedaschools.com.
THE DEADLINE for submission of PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS IS 2:00 P.M., Monday, April 22, 2002
. Proposals may be submitted by hand or by mail or overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED.
RESPONSIVE PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED by the Selection Committee. Non-responsive Preliminary Proposals will be rejected without evaluation. The Selection Committee will evaluate responsive Preliminary Proposals to determine the short-list of the most qualified firms who will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals. The evaluation for the short-list will be based on the following criteria:
1. The Consultant firm's key personnel assigned to the project. (25 points)
2. The Consultant firm's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
3. The sub-consultant's key personnel assigned to the project. (25 points)
4. The sub-consultant's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
It is expected that up to six of the top-ranked firms will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals.
After the contract is awarded
, all firms who submitted proposals may request a debriefing and will be afforded an opportunity to review all technical proposals, evaluation documents, and the recommendation of award.
The NJEDA has no obligation to make an award and reserves the right to waive any non-material defects, reject any or all proposals for any reason and terminate the selection process at any time.