|Contract No.||Contract Name & Location||School District|
|PA-0022-A01||Eastside HS/ Roberto Clemente ES||Paterson|
NEW JERSEY SCHOOLS CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM
SOLICITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL A/E DESIGN SERVICES
THE NEW FORM 200 DATED APRIL 1, 2003 IS REQUIRED TO BE COMPLETED FOR THIS SUBMITTAL.
YOUR SUBMISSION MUST BE LIMITED TO THE FORM 200 AND INCLUDE ONLY BLACK AND WHITE TEXT. PHOTOGRAPHS MUST NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO THIS FORM.
ANY AND ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED (E.G., BROCHURES, PHOTOGRAPHS, MARKETING MATERIAL, ETC.) WILL BE DISCARDED AND NOT REVIEWED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
CONFINE ALL ANSWERS TO THE SPACE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION. SUPPLEMENTAL SHEETS (EXCEPT WHERE SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED) WILL BE DISCARDED AND NOT REVIEWED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
FIRMS NOT ADHERING TO THE ABOVE MAY BE DEEMED NON-RESPONSIVE AND THE SUBMISSION MAY NOT BE REVIEWED.
The New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation ("NJSCC") is seeking to engage firms that will provide design consultant and construction administration services for the following package.
Package Number: PA-0022-A01
School District: Paterson
Package Name: Eastside HS and Roberto Clemente ES
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $42,846,462
The object of this engagement will be to provide complete design and construction administration services for Renovation and Educational Alterations and site improvements, to the Eastside High School and the adjacent Roberto Clemente Elementary School: Complete design and construction administration services for Renovations to both schools buildings and Alteration transforming the High School into Seven (7) Educational Academies and the existing Roberto Clemente into an Annex of the High School containing (1) High School Educational Academy. The two (2) existing schools have an aggregate of 274,193 square feet. The Scopes of Work includes but is not limited to all site feasibility (EO 215), Remediation, Demolition, Educational Model, Design feasibility (EO 215), Remediation, Demolition, Educational Model, Design (Schematic thru Construction Documents), bid and award, and Construction Administration of Renovations and Educational Alterations.
To participate in the selection process:
TO OBTAIN A PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJSCC Form 200), a firm may write the NJSCC at the above address, call the NJSCC at 609-777-1922, or visit the NJSCC Website at www.njscc.com.
- A firm must have a NJSCC prequalification rating of UNLIMITED in the Architecture discipline. All joint venture firms must be separately prequalified and at least one of the joint venture firms must have a prequalification rating of UNLIMITED in the Architecture discipline. If a firm is not prequalified, it may obtain a PREQUALIFICATION APPLICATION by writing the NJSCC at the below address, calling the NJSCC at 609-341-5980, or visiting the NJSCC Website at www.njscc.com. All firms must be prequalified at time of submission of a Preliminary Proposal (NJSCC Form 200).
- The project requires sub-consultants who must be NJSCC prequalified at the time of submission of the Preliminary Proposal. The Architectural prime consultant shall have in-house NJSCC prequalification or sub-consultants having NJSCC prequalification in the following required disciplines;
- HVAC Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Plumbing Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Enviornmental Engineering
The NJSCC will not permit Sub-consultants of a Regional PMF, who provides services to the above school district, to be engaged as a Prime or Sub-consultant for this engagement.
- Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, c.127 (N.J.A.C. 17:27), pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The NJSCC encourages the contractor to provide opportunities to SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJSCC’s SBE set aside goals of 25%.
The bidder agrees that it shall use good faith efforts to meet the State goal of awarding twenty-five (25) percent of the total Contract value to subcontractors that qualify as small business enterprises, in accordance with applicable regulations.
- As the first step in the selection process, interested, prequalified firms must submit one (1) original and three (3) copies of a PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJSCC Form 200) to the NJSCC at the following address:
If U.S. Mail:
New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation
One West State Street - 2nd Floor PO Box 991 Trenton, NJ 08625-0991 Attention: Marty Taylor, Procurement Project OfficerIf Fed Ex, UPS, Courier, Hand Delivery:
NJSCC 1 West State Street Second Floor (Wacovia Bank Building) Trenton, NJ 08625-0991
THE DEADLINE for submission of PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS IS 5:00 P.M., WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2004 . Proposals may be submitted by hand or by mail or overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED.
RESPONSIVE PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED by the Selection Committee. Non-responsive Preliminary Proposals will be rejected without evaluation. The Selection Committee will evaluate responsive Preliminary Proposals to determine the short-list of the most qualified firms who will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals. The evaluation for the short-list will be based on the following criteria:
It is expected that up to six of the top-ranked firms will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals.
After the contract(s) is awarded, all firms who submitted proposals may request a debriefing and will be afforded an opportunity to review all technical proposals, evaluation documents, and the recommendation of award.
The NJSCC has no obligation to make an award and reserves the right to waive any non-material defects, reject any or all proposals for any reason and terminate the selection process at any time.DATE ADVERTISED: December 29, 2003