SOLICITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL A/E DESIGN SERVICES
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority ("NJEDA") is seeking to engage firms that will provide design consultant and construction administration services for the following package of School Facilities Projects.
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $26,938,382
The object of this engagement will be to provide design services that will provide viable, cost effective solutions to the health and safety deficiencies at the above four schools. Consultant services to be provided will include, but not be limited to: Roof Replacement, Replace windows, Replace doors/hardware, Electrical Upgrade, Lighting Fixtures/Receptacle Replacement, Masonry repair, Exterior Wall Repair, Curtain Wall Refurbishment, Exterior Cement Replacement, Heating and Ventilating Systems Upgrade, Replace Boiler and Steam Lines, Upgrade to Plumbing Fixtures.
To participate in the selection process:
1. A firm must have a NJEDA pre-qualification rating of $15,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. All joint venture firms and sub-consultants must be separately pre-qualified and at least one of the joint venture firms must have a pre-qualification rating of $15,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. If a firm is not pre-qualified, it may obtain a PRE-QUALIFICATION APPLICATION by writing the NJEDA at the below address, calling the NJEDA at 609-292-1721, or visiting the NJEDA Website at www.njedaschools.com. All firms must be pre-qualified at time of submission of a Preliminary Proposal (NJEDA Form 200).
2. The NJEDA encourages the consultant to provide opportunities to MBE, WBE, and SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJEDA's set aside goals of 7% MBE, 3% WBE, and 15% SBE.
Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, c.127 (N.J.A.C. 17:27), pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
3. As the first step in the selection process, interested, pre-qualified firms must submit an original and five (5) copies of a PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJEDA Form 200) to the NJEDA as the following address:
New Jersey Economic Development Authority
1 West State Street
PO Box 991
Trenton, NJ 08625-0991
Attention: Catherine Lloyd
TO OBTAIN A PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJEDA Form 200), a firm may write the NJEDA at the above address, call the NJEDA at 609-292-1721, or visit the NJEDA website at www.njedaschools.com.
THE DEADLINE for submission of PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS IS 2:00 P.M., FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2002. Proposals may be submitted by hand or by mail or overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED.
RESPONSIVE PRELIMINARY PROOPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED by the Selection Committee. Non-responsive Preliminary Proposals will be rejected without evaluation. The Selection Committee will evaluate responsive Preliminary Proposals to determine the short-list of the most qualified firms who will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals. The evaluation for the short-list will be based on the following criteria:
1. The Consultant firm's key personnel assigned to the project. (25 points)
2. The Consultant firm's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
3. The sub-consultant's key personnel assigned to the project. (25 points)
4. The sub-consultant's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
It is expected that up to six of the top-ranked firms will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals.
After the contract is awarded
, all firms who submitted proposals may request a debriefing and will be afforded an opportunity to review all technical proposals, evaluation documents, and the recommendation of award.
The NJEDA has no obligation to make an award and reserves the right to waive any non-material defects, reject any or all proposals for any reason and terminate the selection process at any time.