NEW JERSEY SCHOOLS CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
(a subsidiary of The New Jersey Economic Development Authority)
SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM
SOLICITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL A/E DESIGN SERVICES
The New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation ("NJSCC") is seeking to engage firms that will provide design consultant and construction administration services for the following package of School Facilities Projects.
Package Number: ES-0002-A01
School District: East Orange
Package Name: New Langston Hughes E.S.
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $14,400,000
The object of this engagement will be to provide complete design and construction administration services for new 80,000 sf Langston Hughes E.S. for 516 PreK-5 students
Package Number: ES-0012-A01
School District: East Orange
Package Name: New Washington E.S.
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $16,200,000Bidders are to submit only ONE Preliminary Proposal for both packages. Please reference package numbers ES-0002-A01/ES-0012-A01 in Section 2 on the Form 200.
The object of this engagement will be to provide complete design and construction administration services for a new 90,00 sf Washington E.S. for 576 Prek-5 students.
1. A firm must have a NJSCC prequalification rating of $20,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. All joint venture firms must be separately prequalified and at least one of the joint venture firms must have a prequalification rating of $20,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. If a firm is not prequalified, it may obtain a PREQUALIFICATION APPLICATION by writing the NJSCC at the below address, calling the NJSCC at 609-943-4136, or visiting the NJSCC Website at www.njscc.com. All firms must be prequalified at time of submission of a Preliminary Proposal (NJSCC Form 200).
2. Both project required sub-consultants must be NJSCC prequalified at the time of submission of the Preliminary Proposal. The Architectural prime consultant shall have in-house NJSCC prequalification or sub-consultants having NJSCC prequalification in the following required disciplines; Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, HVAC Engineering, Plumbing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, andEstimating/Cost Analysis .
3. The NJSCC encourages the consultant to provide opportunities to MBE, WBE and SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJSCC's set aside goals of 7% MBE, 3% WBE and 15% SBE
Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, c.127 (N.J.A.C. 17:27), pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
4. As the first step in the selection process, interested, prequalified firms must submit an original and five (5) copies of a PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJSCC Form 200) to the NJSCC at the following address:
New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation
One West State Street 2nd Floor
PO Box 991
Trenton, NJ 08625-0991
Attention: Lenny Cinaglia, Project Officer
TO OBTAIN A PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJEDA Form 200), a firm may write the NJSCC at the above address, call the NJEDA at 609-341-5927, or visit the NJSCC website at www.njscc.com.
THE DEADLINE for submission of PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS IS 2:00 P.M., THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2003
. Proposals may be submitted by hand or by mail or overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED.
RESPONSIVE PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED by the Selection Committee. Non-responsive Preliminary Proposals will be rejected without evaluation. The Selection Committee will evaluate responsive Preliminary Proposals to determine the short-list of the most qualified firms who will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals. The evaluation for the short-list will be based on the following criteria:
1. The Consultant firm's key personnel assigned to the projects. (25 points)
2. The Consultant firm's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
3. The sub-consultant's key personnel assigned to the projects. (25 points)
4. The sub-consultant's qualifications and related experience. (25 points)
It is expected that up to six of the top-ranked firms will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals.The NJSCC may award one contract for both projects to an individual firm or may award two separate contrats consisting of one for each project to two firms.
After the contract(s) is awarded
, all firms who submitted proposals may request a debriefing and will be afforded an opportunity to review all technical proposals, evaluation documents, and the recommendation of award.
The NJSCC has no obligation to make an award and reserves the right to waive any non-material defects, reject any or all proposals for any reason and terminate the selection process at any time.