|Contract No.||Contract Name & Location||School District|
|ES-0010-A01||Orange HS Addition||Orange|
NEW JERSEY SCHOOLS CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM
SOLICITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL A/E DESIGN SERVICES
THE NEW FORM 200 DATED APRIL 1, 2003 IS REQUIRED TO BE COMPLETED FOR THIS SUBMITTAL.
YOUR SUBMISSION MUST BE LIMITED TO THE FORM 200 AND INCLUDE ONLY BLACK AND WHITE TEXT. PHOTOGRAPHS MUST NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO THIS FORM.
ANY AND ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED (E.G., BROCHURES, PHOTOGRAPHS, MARKETING MATERIAL, ETC.) WILL BE DISCARDED AND NOT REVIEWED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
CONFINE ALL ANSWERS TO THE SPACE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION. SUPPLEMENTAL SHEETS (EXCEPT WHERE SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED) WILL BE DISCARDED AND NOT REVIEWED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
FIRMS NOT ADHERING TO THE ABOVE MAY BE DEEMED NON-RESPONSIVE AND THE SUBMISSION MAY NOT BE REVIEWED.
The New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation ("NJSCC") is seeking to engage firms that will provide design consultant and construction administration services for the following package.
Package Number: ES-0010-A01
School District: Orange
Package Name: Orange High School
Construction Cost Estimate (for information purposes only): $4,408,000
The object of this engagement will be to provide full design and construction administratino services for a new addition to the existing Orange High School with auditorium, classrooms, offices, and toilet rooms. The area of the entire addition will be approximately 23,200 square feet.
To participate in the selection process:
TO OBTAIN A PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJSCC Form 200), a firm may write the NJSCC at the above address, call the NJSCC at 609-341-5974, or visit the NJSCC Website at www.njscc.com.
- A firm must have a NJSCC prequalification rating of $5,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. All joint venture firms must be separately prequalified and at least one of the joint venture firms must have a prequalification rating of $5,000,000 or higher in the Architecture discipline. If a firm is not prequalified, it may obtain a PREQUALIFICATION APPLICATION by writing the NJSCC at the below address, calling the NJSCC at 609-292-1390, or visiting the NJSCC Website at www.njscc.com. All firms must be prequalified at time of submission of a Preliminary Proposal (NJSCC Form 200).
- The project requires sub-consultants who must be NJSCC prequalified at the time of submission of the Preliminary Proposal. The Architectural prime consultant shall have in-house NJSCC prequalification or sub-consultants having NJSCC prequalification in the following required disciplines;
- HVAC Engineering
- Plumbing Engineering
- Asbestos Safety control Monitoring
- Electrical Engineering
The NJSCC will not permit Sub-consultants of a Regional PMF, who provides services to the above school district, to be engaged as a Prime or Sub-consultant for this engagement.
- The NJSCC encourages the consultant to provide opportunities to MBE, WBE and SBE firms to participate in the performance of this engagement, consistent with NJSCC's set aside goals of 7% MBE, 3% WBE and 15% SBE.
Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, c.127 (N.J.A.C. 17:27), pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
Bids will only be accepted from Consultants registered with New Jersey commerce & Economic Growth Commission Certification as Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) or Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and currently pre-qualified with the New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation.
Firms must include a copy of their valid certificate from the New Jersey Commerce & Economic Growth Commission certifying their status as either a MBE or WBE.
- As the first step in the selection process, interested, prequalified firms must submit one (1) original and three (3) copies of a PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL (NJSCC Form 200) to the NJSCC at the following address:
New Jersey Schools Construction Corporation
One West State Street - 2nd Floor
PO Box 991
Trenton, NJ 08625-0991
Attention: Sean Murphy, Procurement Project Officer
THE DEADLINE for submission of PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS IS 2:00 P.M., MONDAY, APRIL 14, 2003. Proposals may be submitted by hand or by mail or overnight mail. FAXED PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PROPOSALS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE AND TIME WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED.
RESPONSIVE PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED by the Selection Committee. Non-responsive Preliminary Proposals will be rejected without evaluation. The Selection Committee will evaluate responsive Preliminary Proposals to determine the short-list of the most qualified firms who will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals. The evaluation for the short-list will be based on the following criteria:
It is expected that up to six of the top-ranked firms will be invited to submit Technical and Fee Proposals.
After the contract(s) is awarded, all firms who submitted proposals may request a debriefing and will be afforded an opportunity to review all technical proposals, evaluation documents, and the recommendation of award.
The NJSCC has no obligation to make an award and reserves the right to waive any non-material defects, reject any or all proposals for any reason and terminate the selection process at any time.