SDA Press Release - 01/15/2019
NEW JERSEY SCHOOLS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LAUNCHES CONTEST FOR NEW LOGO
Four Schools Opened By SDA in 2018 Will Participate in Contest
JANUARY 15, 2019 – TRENTON, NJ – Today, the New Jersey Schools Development Authority (SDA) announced the
start of a contest to identify a new logo for the Authority.
The contest invites elementary/middle school students from the four new/renovated schools that SDA opened to students in September 2018 to participate, including:
- James Madison Elementary School No. 10, Garfield
- Paul Robeson Community Theme School for the Arts, New Brunswick
- South Street Elementary School, Newark
- Lincoln Avenue Middle School, Vineland
"The SDA's most important stakeholders are the students that we serve through new and improved facilities and this
contest will provide them with an opportunity to be a part of future schools we build," said SDA CEO Lizette Delgado
Polanco. "The SDA has improved the quality of life for more than one million students in New Jersey since its
inception, including the students that attend these four schools. We are very excited to see what the intelligent and
creative students at these schools can come up with for our new logo."
1. Students must identify their full name, school, and homeroom teacher’s name with their submission.
2. Artwork should represent something about students learning and building new schools and improving existing ones.
3. The artwork must be drawn inside the SDA circle seal provided to the school.
4. All designs can be submitted by mail or email between January 15 and February 15, 2019. No other artwork will be accepted after the February 15th deadline.
After the SDA reviews all submissions, it will choose the top selection from each school. The winner of the contest will
be selected by SDA in coordination with Governor Phil Murphy’s communications staff. After the winner is selected, the
SDA will create a professionally designed logo based on the winning selection.
The student who is selected as the winner of the contest will have the opportunity to meet with SDA executives – including CEO Lizette Delgado Polanco – and will be featured in our news and social media campaign to promote our new logo.
About the New Jersey Schools Development Authority
The SDA is the State agency responsible for fully funding and managing the new construction, modernization and renovation of school facilities projects in 31 SDA Districts. Its current portfolio of active projects is valued at approximately $2 billion – including the Capital Project portfolio, emergent projects and Regular Operating District grants. Since the program’s inception, the SDA has provided funding for and management oversight of more than 850 completed school facilities projects in SDA Districts and has executed more than 5,400 grants for Regular Operating Districts throughout the State of New Jersey. For more information about the SDA, please visit our website at: www.njsda.gov or follow us on social media at: Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; or Twitter.